Last Modified on September 3, 2019
By using NYFA’s Housing Services website, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority, and capacity to agree to and abide by all of the conditions of this agreement. NYFA may terminate your Housing Services account for any misuse of the NYFA network or any conditions listed herein.
Accuracy of Information
NYFA makes every effort to acquire accurate information furnished by the landlords and property agents. Out representation and description of rentals reflect the information added to NYFA’s Housing Web site. Accordingly, NYFA cannot be responsible for the accuracy of property description or conditions.
Fair Housing Act Notice
All vacancy listing submissions are subject to federal and California fair housing laws which make it illegal to indicate in any advertisement or listing any preference, limitation, or discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, familial status (e.g. “No children” or “Not suitable for Children”), sexual orientation, ancestry, marital status. If you have questions pertaining to fair housing laws and housing discrimination, please call:
• Southern California Housing Rights Center at 1(800) 47705977 or go to www.hrc-la.org
Equality and Diversity Statement
NYFA strives to treat each student with dignity, integrity, and without judgement. NYFA Housing Services is committed to ensuring compliance with equality laws. NYFA Housing Services subscribes to Federal Anti-Discrimination Laws for the achievement of equal opportunities, these laws state that, no person will be discriminated against because of race, color, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, sex, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity.
Rules for User Conduct and Use Of This Service
We require that all Housing account holders to be at least 18 years of age. Individuals under the age of 18 are considered minors and will not be permitted to create an account. If you ae a user who signs up for the service, you will create a personalized account which includes a unique username and a password to access the NYFA Housing Services Site and to receive messages from the NYFA Network. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password and/or account. NYFA will not be responsible for any liabilities, losses, or damages arising out of the unauthorized use of your member name, password, and/or account.
Your permission to use this Site is conditioned upon the following use, posting, and conduct restrictions:
- access to this service for any reason other than your personal, non-commercial use solely as permitted by the normal functionality of the service.
- collect or harvest any personal data of any use of the Site or service
- use the Site or the service for the solicitation of business in the course of trade or in connection with a commercial enterprise;
- distribute any part or parts of this Site or service without NYFA’s explicit written permission (we grant operators of public search engines permission to use materials from the Site for the sole purpose of creating publicity available searches but retail the right to revoke permission at any time on a general or specific basis);
- use the service for any unlawful purpose or for the promotion of illegal activities;
- attempt to or harass, abuse or harm another person or group;
- use another user’s account without permission;
- intentionally allow another to access your account;
- provide false or inaccurate information when registering an account;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the service;
- make any automated use of this side, the service or the related systems, or take any action that we deem to impose or to potentially impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our servers or network infrastructure;
- circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the service or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of content, or enforce limitations on use of the service or the content accessible via the service; or
- publish or link to malicious content of any sort, including that intended to damage or disrupt another user’s browser or computer.
Posting and Conduct Restrictions
When you create your own personalized account, you may be able to provide (“User Content”) to the service. You are solely responsible for the User Content that you post, upload, link to or otherwise make available via the service.
- you agree that we are only acting as a passive conduit for your housing experience. NYFA, however, reserves the right to remove any User Content from the service at its sole discretion. We grant you permission to use and access the service, subject to the following express conditioned
- you will not submit content that is copyrighted or subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy, publicity, trade secrets, or other, unless you are the owner of such rights or have the appropriate permission
- you understand and agree that any liability, loss or damage that occurs as a result of the use of any User Content that you make available or access through your use of the service is solely your responsibility. NYFA’s Housing Services Office pre-screens and monitors all User Content.
Tenant, Landlord, and Roommate Disputes
Dispute resolution is solely the responsibly of both the student and landlord. NYFA does not intervene to assist students or landlords with mediation or alternative dispute resolution. If a landlord and student cannot come to an agreement, a landlord or student might turn to outside help.
NYFA strongly encourages all parties to create a formal rental agreement. Please contact NYFA Housing Services for a sample agreement.
NYFA is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the website or in connection with the Service, whether caused by users of the website, or by any of the equipment Or programming associated with or utilized in the Service. NYFA is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the NYFA Housing Services site. The Service may be temporarily unavailable from time to time for maintenance or other reasons. NYFA assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user or communications.
This web site, the service and the content are provided “As Is” and NYFA disclaims any and all warranties, whether expressed or implied, including without limitation implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. NYFA cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of this website and/or service.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will NYFA be liable to you or any third party for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including lost profits arising from your use of this service, even if NYFA has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
You agree that all matters relating to your access or use of the site, including all disputes, will be governed by the laws of the United States and by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflicts of law’s provisions. You agree to the personal jurisdiction by and venue in the state and federal courts in Los Angeles County, California, and waive any objection to such jurisdiction or venue. No representation or warranty are made by NYFA that the information and materials on or accessed through this site are correct.
Feedback and Information
Any feedback or information you provide on this site shall be deemed to be non-confidential. NYFA shall be free to use such information on an unrestricted basis.
You understand that the NYFA and is Subsidiaries will be processing personal data and sensitive personal data. The terms processing, personal data and sensitive personal data have the meanings prescribed by the Data Protection Act 1988).
You agree to indemnify and hold NYFA, its officers, directors, shareholders, predecessors, successors in interest, employees, agents, subsidiaries and affiliates, harmless from any demands, loss, liability, claims or expenses (including attorneys’ fees), made against NYFA by any third party due to or arising out of or in connection with your use of the site.
The user recognizes and acknowledges that the information and data obtained from NYFA may be inaccurate or unreliable if used by others or for purposes other than the intended purpose of its design. NYFA is not responsible for the use or reliance upon the information or data obtained. NYFA reserves the right to terminate a user account without notice if there is any evidence of misuse.